In the last EQUIP blog post, I introduced a few ideas about offering workshops as a way of expanding your service offerings and boosting your attendance and income.
Today I want to think about different workshops that you can offer. As I mentioned in the last post, start with the expertise of you and your staff as a starting point. Never ignore the obvious! All of the things you know can be laid out in a simple, straightforward way and presented to your clients. Being mindful of how to apply this information within the realities of ‘real people’ is the secret to a successful workshop.
Other than your expertise, what other workshops can you offer? Let’s brainstorm.
Here’s an exercise for you to do:
- List all of the equipment you use regularly with your clients.
- Write down the five questions you get asked the most frequently.
- What are the limiting factors (reasons why people don’t do things) of potential clients?
- What are five must-have gadgets or new fitness technology?
- List the common fitness goals of your clients.
This brainstorming should give you a nice long list of topics that you could flesh out into workshops. We’ll talk more in the next EQUIP blog post about how to choose a format for your workshops.
How can I EQUIP you for success?